Cary’s New Plan of London and it’s Vicinity 1838
Detailed map with original hand-colour showing the limits of the two penny postal delivery service. Framed
In 1838 letters originating from, or to be delivered within the London area were dealt with through the office of the London Twopenny Post. This began life as the London Penny Post, but increased costs resulted in a name change. The Twopenny Post was a branch of the General post but had separate offices, uniforms, staff, charges, accounting and postmarks.