Archived Stock - This item is no longer available
A George II mahogany corner cabinet
the moulded cornice above panelled door enclosing fitted interior, with an arrangement of four graduated drawers below, the cabinet flanked by fluted pilasters with composite capitals on block feet.
Ex. St. Giles-in-the-Fields Church, London
St. Giles-in-the-Fields Church was designed by Henry Flitcroft and built in 1731. At the centre of the notorious Rookeries depicted in Wm. Hogath’s engraving Gin Lane it remains one of London’s finest Georgian churches. The corner cabinet offered is believed to date from the same period and was acquired from the church.