A pair of English bronze doors,
comprising two pairs of folding leaves, each leaf cast with five convex raised roundels each in a square panel linked with a geometric moulding,
LASSCO saved three of these monumental bronze entranceways from New Change (please check if the others are still available). The building, directly to the east of St. Paul's Cathedral, was built after the war replacing the bombed out street "Old Change". The name derives from a 13th Century building on the site that was used for the receipt of bullion to be coined.
New Change, before the demolition, was a capacious office and retail block - brick built in the early 1950's with carved stonework by Sir Charles Wheeler and others. Wheeler famously carved much of the stone ornament and cast the bronze doors for The Bank of England before the war and those for the Lombard St. headquarters for Barclays after. As with these doors he always used the services of the Morris Singer Foundry.