Archived Stock - This item is no longer available
A very large heavy-guage copper rectangular pan
This copper saucepan is one of thirty recovered from the kitchens of "The Cavalry Club" of 127 Piccadilly (since an amalgamation in 1976, now "The Cavalry and Guards Club"). The club was founded in 1890 as a proprietary club by an officer of the 20th Hussars. It became a members club in 1895 and has remained at Piccadilly ever since, the club acquiring the freehold in 1987. Gentleman members are limited to those who have held commissions in the Cavalry regiments, the Household Division, the Royal Green Jackets, the Royal Horse Artillary, the Honorable Artillary Company and, more recently, the Royal Tank Regiment. Ladies have been admitted as guests since as early as 1911 and are now accepted as members. LASSCO has polished the exterior of the pans but they do need to be re-tinned on the inside if they are to be used, a service that we can provide.