Click and Collect – Please contact us to arrange collection or delivery of this item
A pair of Art Deco copperlight glazed mahogany doors – a quantity available,
each leaf with a panel of rectilinear glazing above a panelled lower section centred with a large roundel,
£1,950 the pair
Two dozen leaves available – all from the basement of the Victoria House.
Please request condition report. Remains of pin-hinge arrangement, made to swing both directions independently – so no closing rebate (which could be cut in – may be best to rehang on butt-hinges). Could be hung as singles.
Victoria House was designed and built by William Henry Long from 1928-35 – a huge 8 storey Portland stone block that occupies the entire Eastern side of Bloomsbury Square – its opposite frontage on Southampton Row. It was originally built for the Liverpool and Victoria Insurance company. The sculpture in the triangular pediment was by Herbert Palliser, much of the decorative bronze architectural fittings and principle doorways were by The Bromsgrove Guild.