A George III wrought iron gate post lantern standard,

c.1806, removed from the two driveway entrances to The Asylum for Deaf and Dumb Children, Old Kent Road, (dem. 1868)

£600.00 each

Download Brochure

each standard comprising a turned stem above four swept square-bar stantions terminating in a Greek-key scroll, the bifurcated top with fixings for a Camberwell lantern,

Dimensions: 124cm (48¾") High, 58cm (22¾") Wide

The Asylum for Deaf and Dumb Children was built by Thomas Swithin (d.1816) on The Old Kent Road c.1806. See the LASSCO Blog about the history of these lamp standards and their associated railings.
Related blog posts