Archived Stock - This item is no longer available
An Art Deco cast iron grille,
c.1931, by Rudolf Palumbo for Regis House, King William Street, City of London,
the pierced rectangular panel with canted top corners and cast with a decorative field incorporating stylised volutes and fleur-de-lys,
Regis House was a ground-breaking office building by Rudolf Palumbo - a prestigious corner site next to Wren's "Monument" on the approaches to London Bridge. The exterior, lobbies and stairwells were lavishly decorated with polished iron and bronze details framed with portoro marble pilasters.It was demolished under the orders of Lord Palumbo, his son, in the early 1990's. A rather non-descript replacement under the same name now occupies the site. We salvaged what we could. We recently bought these two panels back from a customer.