Categories
Close
Latest Arrivals
Also See
Contact Account
Search Lassco
Close

A stained and painted glass window panel depicting St. Bartholomew

English circa 1892

£2,300

Archived Stock - This item is no longer available

A stained and painted glass window panel depicting St. Bartholomew

English circa 1892

Maker is Clayton and Bell,

Add to Wishlist
Dimensions: 209cm (82¼") High, 56.5cm (22¼") Wide, with frame
Stock code: 72691
Categories:
Location:

Historical Context All Saints Church, Finchley Rd was completed and consecrated in 1846 and its history is intimately connected with the Eyre Estate in St John's Wood. The Eyre family were the main patrons, benefactors and loyal supporters of the church for most of its existence. The architect commissioned with the project was Thomas Little but it was his principal assistant the architect George Devey who designed the church in Gothic Revival. Lack of funds during construction forced the cut back of originally planed features such coloured stained glass panels and the steeple that was only completed in 1890. The church was originally built with two side galleries that in 1892 were removed as part of a re-design programme entrusted to the architect D. Newman. It is during this works that coloured windows were placed in transepts and aisles

You may also be interested in these items