Archived Stock - This item is no longer available
A George III cast iron decorative panel,
one of a series, c.1806, removed from The Asylum for Deaf and Dumb Children, Old Kent Road (dem. 1868).
each panel cast with repeating pierced anthemia, old paint,
This series of bold and highly decorative cast iron panels formed the sides to Georgian gate posts of The Asylum for Deaf & Dumb Children, Old Kent Road. The Asylum was built to the designs of Thomas Swithin c.1806. The railings survived the demolition of the Asylum in 1806 and were a notable landmark on the Old Kent Road until 1970. Click on the LASSCO Blog link to see more about their history.