Categories
Close
Latest Arrivals
Also See
Contact Account
Search Lassco
Close

A copperlight glazed mahogany door,

c.1930, removed from "Victoria House", Bloomsbury Square, London,

Archived Stock - This item is no longer available

A copperlight glazed mahogany door,

c.1930, removed from "Victoria House", Bloomsbury Square, London,

nine glazed panels over a single panel with roundel, some splits and losses; remains of pin-hinge arrangement, made to swing both directions, with radius hinge edge– may be best to rehang on butt-hinges,

 

SOLD OUT

Add to Wishlist
Dimensions: 212.5cm (83¾") High, 76.5cm (30") Wide, 4.7cm (1¾") Thick
Stock code: 46238
Categories:
Location:

Victoria House was designed and built by William Henry Long from 1928-35 – a huge 8 storey Portland stone block that occupies the entire Eastern side of Bloomsbury Square – its opposite frontage on Southampton Row. It was originally built for the Liverpool and Victoria Insurance company. The sculpture in the triangular pediment was by Herbert Palliser, much of the decorative bronze architectural fittings and principle doorways were by The Bromsgrove Guild.