The church of St Gabriel’s, Easton, Bristol was built in 1868-70 by J.C.Neale in a similar style to his earlier St Andrew the Less in Dowry Square, Hotwells. It was built primarily of red brick, with decoration in blue and yellow brick. The church was originally built with a spire. A R Gough altered the church, somewhat to its detriment, in 1928; he removed the spire and replaced it with a brick parapet.
Ultimately, the church stood in the way of the planned outer circuit road (now Easton Way), and was declared redundant and then declared unsafe and demolished with indecent haste in 1975, the day the church was "listed" for preservation. Some of the glass was saved including this the central light of the staggered Eastern triptych window.
In the above photograph the present stained glass window is just descernible central to the east end.