A pair of English carved limestone flaming urn finials

19th Century, removed from the Hurlingham Club, SW6.

This item is no longer available

each turned pot with an overted rim and a spreading lid with a flambeaux surmount and raised on a socle foot and rectangular section plinth,

Dimensions: 155cm (61") High, 76cm (30") Wide

The Hurlingham Club: Hurlingham House was built in 1760 for Dr. William Cadogan, an expert on gout. A hundred years later it was leased to Frank Heathcote who established a pigeon shooting club there. Polo followed, then skittles, croquet, tennis, archery, bowls, swimming, fencing and cricket.
Related blog posts